O'Neill & Associates, Logo Phone Icon(609) 337-1368

General Liability Insurance

Get total peace of mind with comprehensive general liability insurance for your business. O'Neill & Associates offer affordable plans that provide robust protection. With a specialist handling your insurance issues, you'll have more time to devote to running your business, and you'll be confident that every detail has been inspected by an insurance professional who understands that all the details are important.

Commercial General Liability

Commercial general liability (CGL) insurance provides coverage for claims of bodily injury or other physical injury or property damage. It is frequently offered in a package along with property insurance to protect your business against incidents that may occur on your premises or at other covered locations where you normally conduct business. CGL policies also cover the cost to defend you even if the claims are fraudulent or without merit. There are three basic categories of claims covered by CGL insurance:

 Bodily Injury - Covers you for physical Injury to a person caused by your negligence.
Property Damage - Covers you for damage to someone's property caused by your negligence.
• Personal & Advertising Injury - Covers you for certain offenses you or your employees commit in the course of your business such as libel, slander, or copyright infringement.

Why Do I Need Commercial General Liability Insurance?

Every business benefits from adequate commercial general liability coverage. This insurance protects you if a customer is injured at your place of business. It also covers damage or injuries caused by your employees at a customer's location. Even if your company is negligent or liable for damage, injury, or loss to another's property, reputation or health, your business can keep its assets if it is adequately insured.

What's Not Covered?

Commercial general liability coverage does not protect your business against every liability. If you or your employees make professional judgments and recommendations in the course of your business, you will need a professional liability policy in addition to a CGL policy.


Common Terms:

Blanket Additional Insured – Coverage under the CGL policy is automatically extended to another business (usually someone whom you perform work for) when you agree to do so in a written contract or agreement.
Premises and Operations Liability – Provides coverage for bodily injury and property damage sustained by others at your premises as a result of your business operations.
Products & Completed Operations – Provides coverage for damage caused by your products or completed work.
Fire Damage Legal Liability – Protects your business against claims of damage due to fire or other covered losses caused by you to premises that you rent.